- 4 halibut fillets (six to eight ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 fluid ounces dark Heineken lager beer or 4 fluid ounces Grolsch lager beer or 4 fluid ounces Newcastle Brown ale
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge, to garnish
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat halibut with flour.
- Fry fish in pan with butter and olive oil, about three minutes per side.
- Remove fish to a plate and keep warm.
- Add macadamia nuts and lager to pan in which fish was cooked.
- Cook over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Pour sauce over halibut and serve, garnishing with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.