Recipe by invictus
There are so many recipes here for chocolate chip cookies that I found myself going in circles to see if my exact recipe was posted. I know there isn't one here named Heidi's favorte so here it is! This recipe is not cake like at all but is a soft cookie. It seems to use a larger amount of fat than others posted here and specifically calls for shortening.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
Soft and chewy with a slight crisp outside. LOVE this cookies. I didn't have the butter flavoured shortenign so used 1/2 shortening and half butter. I got 5 dozen good sized cookies Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together sugar and shortening with an electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together dry ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture while beating on medium speed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop drop onto parchment covered cookie sheet. I usually get 9 cookies per sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.