Eat 'em or freeze 'em.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces lean ground beef
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 16 ounces low-sodium refried beans
- 7 ounces diced green chilies
- 8 fluid ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 avocados, pitted,peeled and mashed
- 8 fluid ounces sour cream
- 1In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until brown; drain excess fat.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium and add the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic and cumin.
- 3Cook for 2 minutes, blending well.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 5Fill each tortilla with a layer of refried beans, a sprinkling of green chili peppers, a heaping tablespoon of tomato sauce and a small portion of ground beef.
- 6Roll up the tortillas, burrito-style, and place seam side down in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish (or place them in freezer bags and squeeze out excess air before sealing).
- 7When all the tortillas that you plan to cook are in the baking dish, sprinkle them liberally with Monterey Jack cheese.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- 9Serve immediately with shredded lettuce, mashed avocados, and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hefty-Defty Roly-Poly Weebles Wobbles But They Don't Fall Down Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.6
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 292.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium refried beans