Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Eat 'em or freeze 'em.
Make and share this Hefty-Defty Roly-Poly Weebles Wobbles But They Don't Fall Down Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 24 ounces lean ground beef
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 16 ounces low-sodium refried beans
- 7 ounces diced green chilies
- 8 fluid ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 avocados, pitted,peeled and mashed
- 8 fluid ounces sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until brown; drain excess fat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic and cumin.
- Cook for 2 minutes, blending well.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fill each tortilla with a layer of refried beans, a sprinkling of green chili peppers, a heaping tablespoon of tomato sauce and a small portion of ground beef.
- Roll up the tortillas, burrito-style, and place seam side down in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish (or place them in freezer bags and squeeze out excess air before sealing).
- When all the tortillas that you plan to cook are in the baking dish, sprinkle them liberally with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately with shredded lettuce, mashed avocados, and sour cream.
Yummy! I had some for dinner and wrapped the rest to freeze for later. I did salt to taste, and mixed the chiles and tomato sauce in with the ground beef mixture. Also finished with a little chopped cilantro. This is an easy recipe that I will be able to make again. I need to get better at the wrapping stage, however. Will practice. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe with us.
Good burritos. Everyone enjoyed them and they were finished off. Thanks for the recipe.
Incredible! I make a batch and freeze them individually. Then just pull what i need out of the freezer and place in a small casserole dish. Cover with green enchilada sauce and some shredded Mexican-spiced cheese and throw in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.