Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a very dear friend. Preparing the chocolate is very fiddly but well worth the while. Very moorish! The cooking time is approx. I gave it another 10 minutes as it seemed very soft in the centre. It will harden a bit while cooling down.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butternut cookie crumbs
- 75 g butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 (250 g) packagecadbury marble chocolate, chopped (this is a mixture of milk and white chocolate-Top Deck would do also)
- 1 cup sultanas or 1 cup chopped dried apricots or 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (396 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- Grease a 20 x 30cm lamington pan. Line base with baking paper.
- Combine the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter in a medium bowl then press into prepared baking pan.
- Drizzle honey over the crumb mixture.
- Top with the chocolate pieces.
- Sprinkle the sultanas (or whatever you used).
- Then add coconut.
- Then the nuts.
- Pour over the condensed milk.
- Bake in a moderate oven-180C for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan. Cover, refrigerate until set, then cut into bars.