1 hr 25 mins
Found this on the Pillsbury site it is a recipe for the 2006 Bake-Off. It looks heavenly! Submitted by Pat Freymouth from Colorado Springs, Co. It says that darkchocolate is the prefect complement to the subtle raspberry in this luscious dessert. Haven't tried it as yet - but it looks and sounds fantastic. let's see what happens. Haven't allowed for cooling or resting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bag hershey's special dark chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) conatiner yoplait original 99% fat free raspberry yogurt
- 6 nature valley Roasted Almond Crunchy Granola Bars (3 puches from 8.9 oz box)
- 1 cup egg white (about 7)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon fat-free half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons raspberry flavored syrup (for coffee) or 2 teaspoons red raspberry flavored syrup (for pancakes)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- fresh raspberry, garnish (optional)
- fresh mint leaves, garnish (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly spray 9" round cake pan bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- 3Line bottom with parchment paper and then coat bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- 4Reserve 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips for glaze; place remaining chips in medium microwaveable bowl(or place in top of double boiler).
- 5Stir in yogurt until chips are coated.
- 6Microwave on HIGH in 1 minute increments, stirring after each, until chips are completely melted(or heat in double boiler over simmering water, stirring frquently, until melted).
- 7Stir in crushed granola bars and egg whites until well blended.
- 8Bake 20-30 minutes or until sides of torte has risen and torte is shiny but firm when touched. (If center rises, torte has OVERBAKED).
- 9Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- 10In small microwavable bowl, microwave reserved 1/2 chocolate chips and the half & half on HIGH in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until melted.
- 11Cool slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 12Place wire rack upside down over rack and pan over.
- 13Remove pan and parchment papaer.
- 14Pour chocolate mixture over torte; spread over top and serve onto serving plate.
- 15In small bowl, mix syrup and sugar in small resealable food-storage plastic seal bag, and cut tiny hole in one corner.
- 16Drizzle over top of torte in spiral pattern; gently run toothpick back through spiral pattern to feather.
- 17Refrigerate until glaze is set and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- 18Before serving, garnish tray and/or individual dessert plates with raspberries and mint.
- 19Cut torte into wedges with warm, dry knife cleaning knife between cuts.
- 20Store in refrigerator.
- 21*To crush granola bars, unwrap and place in plastic bag, use rolling pin to crush.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Chocolate-Raspberry Torte
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 49.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Roasted Almond Crunchy Granola Bars
raspberry flavored syrup