Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this on the Pillsbury site it is a recipe for the 2006 Bake-Off. It looks heavenly! Submitted by Pat Freymouth from Colorado Springs, Co. It says that darkchocolate is the prefect complement to the subtle raspberry in this luscious dessert. Haven't tried it as yet - but it looks and sounds fantastic. let's see what happens. Haven't allowed for cooling or resting time.
- 1 (12 ounce) baghershey's special dark chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) conatiner yoplait original 99% fat free raspberry yogurt
- 6 nature valley Roasted Almond Crunchy Granola Bars (3 puches from 8.9 oz box)
- 1 cup egg white (about 7)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon fat-free half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons raspberry flavored syrup (for coffee) or 2 teaspoons red raspberry flavored syrup (for pancakes)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- fresh raspberry, garnish (optional)
- fresh mint leaves, garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray 9" round cake pan bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- Line bottom with parchment paper and then coat bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips for glaze; place remaining chips in medium microwaveable bowl(or place in top of double boiler).
- Stir in yogurt until chips are coated.
- Microwave on HIGH in 1 minute increments, stirring after each, until chips are completely melted(or heat in double boiler over simmering water, stirring frquently, until melted).
- Stir in crushed granola bars and egg whites until well blended.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until sides of torte has risen and torte is shiny but firm when touched. (If center rises, torte has OVERBAKED).
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave reserved 1/2 chocolate chips and the half & half on HIGH in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until melted.
- Cool slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Place wire rack upside down over rack and pan over.
- Remove pan and parchment papaer.
- Pour chocolate mixture over torte; spread over top and serve onto serving plate.
- In small bowl, mix syrup and sugar in small resealable food-storage plastic seal bag, and cut tiny hole in one corner.
- Drizzle over top of torte in spiral pattern; gently run toothpick back through spiral pattern to feather.
- Refrigerate until glaze is set and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish tray and/or individual dessert plates with raspberries and mint.
- Cut torte into wedges with warm, dry knife cleaning knife between cuts.
- Store in refrigerator.
- *To crush granola bars, unwrap and place in plastic bag, use rolling pin to crush.