Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe a friend made for a special celebration. It is a medieval recipe and delicious.
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place almonds, honey and spices in the top of a double boiler pot.
- Mix them together and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Be careful that they do not burn the bottom of the pot!
- Remove the mixture from the pot and let cool until you can handle it.
- Roll into small peas.
several people found a new 'favorite treat' this christmas. they loved them and were begging for more. they are a bit time consuming with all the rolling and i had to cook mine well over 10 min on the double broiler,more like 30 and i was expecting them to dry up and be a little crunch but they were very sticky i added some flour to the outside to keep them from sticking together so badly.. noone seemed to mind that they stuck though. not one was wasted and i got a lot more than 48 peas out of it.. more like 150! maybe i rolled them too small but i thought they were peas. i also added a dash of cayane pepper (to compliment the ginger) and a dash of curry pwd (to compliment the cinnamon) and they were surely a hit. thank you from many people in my family. also noone really loved them on the first one. after they ate 2 or 3 they couldnt stop though.