Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple, healthy and hearty stew I threw together one evening, and it's now one of our favorites. Measuraments are approximate.
- 2 medium potatoes, diced 1/2 inch cubes (I prefer red skinned)
- 2 small turnips, diced 1/2 cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small zucchini or 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 6 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons ground savory
- salt & pepper
- In a large pot combine potatoes, turnip, carrots and canned tomatoes and simmer covered over medium heat until vegetables are on the verge of tender, but are still firm.
- Add zucchini, savory, salt and pepper; simmer for 5 or so more minutes or until all vegetables are cooked.
- Serve as a side dish or as main course.