Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from Cooking Pleasures magazine, have not yet tried.
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 small new potatoes or 8 medium new potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 16 pieces (1-inch thick)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- Combine lemon juice, butter, lemon peel, oregano, salt and pepper in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 20 seconds or until butter has melted.
- Place potatoes on microwave-safe plate; cover and microwave on high 4 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine beef and 2 Tbs of the lemon mixture in medium bowl; stir to coat well. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat grill. Thread beef, potatoes, and bell pepper alternately on four 12-inch skewers. Reserve half of the lemon mixture in a small bowl.; brush skewers with remaining lemon mixture. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or coals 5-7 minutes for medium-rare, turning to brown all sides (do not overcook). Brush with reserved lemon mixture before serving.