Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is super good for you and tastes great too! I use the left over steaming water for miso soup.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (gomasio) or 1 tablespoon sesame salt (gomasio)
- 3 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 2 tablespoons Braggs amino acids or 2 tablespoons soy sauce, of choice
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh flax seed (optional)
- Briefly steam kale then rinse with cold water to stop and set aside to drain.
- Mix garlic, garlic and wet ingredients, then pour over well drained kale greens.
- Sprinkle sesame mix and (optional flax) over and let sit for at least half an hour.
This is super! The light steaming of the kale makes it alot more mild, takes the edge off. I actually don't have any flaxseed oil, so used good EVOO instead. Otherwise added the two options and made as per the recipe. Yum!
I love kale, and have made it many ways. This is one of my most favorite recipes ever! And I love that it uses flax seed oil, which is incredibly nutritious. I made this with broiled sesame salmon (Recipe #192125). I put the salmon on top of the salad and served it with crusty bread. Yum!!
This sounds so good! I would like more uses for Kale. I had Kale for the first time 3 years ago on New Years Day. I cooked a dish from a magazine called "Voodoo Greens". I had to modify it to make it vegetarian, and it was awesome. Keep'um coming!