Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm always on the look out for unique and healthy recipes. I found this on a Candida recipe forum and I altered it a bit to suit my tastes. I don't have Candida, but I thought this looked like a healthy pancake and decided to try it. Turned out great! It is more dense than a normal pancake and has a nice nutty flavor to it. Plus you get all the great benefits of eating pumpkin seeds. :-)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (unsalted)
- 1 cup water (room temperature)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Put all ingredients into blender. Blend until you get a good pancake batter consistency. And more water if needed.
- Add stevia powder and vanilla and blend to combine.
- Pour batter onto oiled pan. (non-stick works well).
- Cook on medium low heat until browned on one side, then flip and cook until done. About 3 - 4 minutes on each side, more or less depending on how thick/dense your pancake mixture is.