Recipe by amievv821
I am busy, busy, busy! And I usually don't allow myself much time in the morning for breakfast, so I developed a quick, healthy, and delicious breakfast sandwich that keeps me going until lunch! I recently purchased the Ziploc version of the foodsaver, and IT WORKS GREAT!!! (I had a foodsaver, and it broke, and I wasn't spending another $150!) I make these sandwiches ahead of time (really easy), seal them in the Ziploc foodvac, and freeze them until ready to eat. Give it a try!!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Exactly what I was looking for! I make this with 2 slices of gluten free 5 grain bread #266217 instead of English muffin because I'm not quite sure if gf muffins will be really tasty... As I'm a complete mess before breakfast this is wonderful to prepare in the evening. Just get up, throw the thing into the sandwichmaker and you're ready for the day - thanks for the idea!!
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, not toasted
- 1 slice low-fat cheese, of choice (I like provolone or sharp white cheddar)
- 1 eggs or 1 egg substitute
- 1 slice turkey bacon, cooked (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and add salt, pepper and/or a dash of milk (for a fluffier egg).
- Cook the egg over med-low heat in an omelette style fashion (meaning, don't scramble the egg, but let it take the shape of the pan).
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- Assemble the sandwich -- English muffin bottom, egg (folded to fit), turkey bacon, cheese, English muffin top.
- The sandwich can then be place in the toaster oven or convection oven to toast the bread and melt the cheese -- However.
- I like to make as many of these as I can, foodvac them, and freeze them. In the morning while I'm getting ready, I pop one in the convection oven at about 375 degrees and in 15 minutes I have a sandwich better than they can make at McDonalds -- To-Go!
- Note: Sorry if the instructions were lengthy for such a simplistic recipe!