Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Amo il cibo italiano! Here is a different breakfast wrap. I usually make them for dinner though! You can really use whatever vegetables you like. Mangiare felice!
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ounce fresh mushrooms
- 1 ounce zucchini, diced
- 1 ounce green pepper, diced
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 5 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 slice turkey bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, bacon, and shallots. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add all other vegetables, salt and pepper, and saute for 6-8 minutes, until vegetables are softened to your liking.
- In a small bowl, beat egg substitute, water, and Italian seasoning.
- Add egg mixture to skillet, and let it set for 3-5 minutes, almost like you are making a frittata.
- When the mixture is starting to solidify through the middle, begin to scramble gently, and continue until eggs are cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, and cook until cheese is melted. Serve in tortillas, and top with parmesan if desired.
Another wonderful healthy recipe. Very quick and easy to prepare and so filling. If you don't like Italian seasoning this would be good with other spices of choices, I'm thinking Mexican would be great. Thanks for posting this keeper for me, I'll be making this often.
This was great. I didn't have any tortillas on hand, so I used a few chips instead. I made a few substitutions for what I had on hand---onion for shallot, turkey deli meat for turkey bacon and I left out the green peppers since I don't like them. I also tried some goat cheese in place of the mozzarella and highly recommend it. This was such a healthy breakfast. Hubby and I both enjoyed it (esp with a dollop of low-fat sour cream). Thanks for the recipe! ~ La Gourmande