Recipe by Ethan UK
Do you adore all those Cinnamon & Raisin combinations but the caloric allowance doesn't stretch that far as often as you'd like ? (At least without endless mental guilt-trips :) Do you love cinnamon and raisin bagels and loaves but want some now - right this instant, but all the stores are 20 miles away, and closed ? This almost instant snack tastes wonderful, is almost guaranteed to get you to make a second cup of coffee to go with a second slice and it's so healthy you can have another slice without feeling guilty for anything except the sheer sensual pleasure of eating it!
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated artificial sweetener (to taste)
- 3 teaspoons natural nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons raisins (to taste) or 2 teaspoons sultanas (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- place slice of bread on plate it's to be served on.
- Quickly spread a couple of teaspoons of fat-free natural yoghurt over the slice so it's generously thick.
- Sprinkle very generously with granulated sweetener.
- using back of spoon smooth the sweetener into the yoghurt.
- Sprinkle fairly generously with ground cinnamon (to taste).
- Quickly strategically place raisins onto the slice - about as many as you'd get in a slice of cinnamon and raisin bread works well - or a few more! - to taste.
- Lightly press the raisins so they get a moment or two to soak a bit of the yoghurt.
- SERVE -- Goes great with a nice cup of coffee! Yummy!
- Optionally you might like to strategically add a very few drops of lime juice or lemon juice.
- pleasing note for us dieters --
- This is where granulated sweetener really comes into it's own -- this just would not be the same with sugar. Granulated sweetener dissolves instantly even when the liquid is very cold whereas made with sugar this would be all crunchy and probably nothing like as nice!