1/2 Photos of Healthy Instant Cinnamon and Raisin Slice
Ethan UK's Note:
Do you adore all those Cinnamon & Raisin combinations but the caloric allowance doesn't stretch that far as often as you'd like ? (At least without endless mental guilt-trips :) Do you love cinnamon and raisin bagels and loaves but want some now - right this instant, but all the stores are 20 miles away, and closed ? This almost instant snack tastes wonderful, is almost guaranteed to get you to make a second cup of coffee to go with a second slice and it's so healthy you can have another slice without feeling guilty for anything except the sheer sensual pleasure of eating it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1place slice of bread on plate it's to be served on.
- 2Quickly spread a couple of teaspoons of fat-free natural yoghurt over the slice so it's generously thick.
- 3Sprinkle very generously with granulated sweetener.
- 4using back of spoon smooth the sweetener into the yoghurt.
- 5Sprinkle fairly generously with ground cinnamon (to taste).
- 6Quickly strategically place raisins onto the slice - about as many as you'd get in a slice of cinnamon and raisin bread works well - or a few more! - to taste.
- 7Lightly press the raisins so they get a moment or two to soak a bit of the yoghurt.
- 8SERVE -- Goes great with a nice cup of coffee! Yummy!
- 9Optionally you might like to strategically add a very few drops of lime juice or lemon juice.
- 10pleasing note for us dieters --
- 11This is where granulated sweetener really comes into it's own -- this just would not be the same with sugar. Granulated sweetener dissolves instantly even when the liquid is very cold whereas made with sugar this would be all crunchy and probably nothing like as nice!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Instant Cinnamon and Raisin Slice
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 139.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: