Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This sounds weird but it is REALLY good.
Make and share this Healthy French Toast Sweetie Scramble recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cholesterol-free fat free egg substitute
- 1 slice low-calorie bread, broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons Butter Buds or 3 teaspoons Molly McButter
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- sugar-free maple syrup (optional)
- Spray a short burst of cooking spray in a non-stick skillet and distribute by wiping it around with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix egg substitute, water. raisins, cinnamon, butter sprinkles, Splenda, and any other desired spices.
- Pour into skillet and cook over medium heat until edges start to look dry and bubbles form on the top.
- Add bread, scramble, and cook to your preferred doneness. Serve with maple syrup if desired!
I saw this and HAD to try it. It was surprisingly tasty! It definitely was better with a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup on it. And I loved the addition of raisins. I don't think the calories listed are correct though? My egg product says it is 30 calories for a 1/4 cup. And then my low calorie bread is 45 calories. Maybe the serving count is wrong? Anyway, this was a great start to a low calorie diet for me. Will definitely be making again.
this was so good - i used 1/2 cup egg whites, the slice of bread, no water (couldn't figure out where that went), blueberries instead of raisins, about 1 tsp. of cinnamon, forgot the butter buds, 1 packet of splenda, no ginger or pumpkin pie spice, and just a little maple syrup over the top - tastes like french toast, but, without being completely bad for me...i'll be trying this with other fruit as well...yummm