Phil the Thrill's Note:
Another thing that I made with leftovers around the house. It calls for frozen and fresh fruit Feel free to mix and match fruit to taste! For the berry sauce, feel free, to mix and try out different kinds of fruit for it. The following would be great with a strawberry sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal, divided into 1/4 c. portions
- 1 (6 ounce) container nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup diced canned pineapple, drained and rinsed (or fresh)
- natural unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
Berry Sauce (use 1/4 cup)
- 1BERRY SAUCE:.
- 2Defrost frozen berries in microwave or refrigerator.
- 3Puree defrosted berries in a blender or food processor.
- 4Place cornstarch and pureed berries in pot on the stove. Heat on medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the stove; cover and refrigerate.
- 5The sauce is great also on ice cream, French toast, and waffles in place of maple syrup.
- 7Mix together yogurt and berry sauce.
- 8Assemble the fruit parfait in this order: peaches on the bottom, sliced banana, 1/4 cup Fiber One, yogurt and berry mixture, other 1/4 cup Fiber One, pineapple. Garnish with whipped cream and natural unsweetened cocoa powder, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Fiber One Fruit Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (882 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 243.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.1 g
- Sugars 64.2 g
- Protein 12.6 g