Recipe by Phil the Thrill
Another thing that I made with leftovers around the house. It calls for frozen and fresh fruit Feel free to mix and match fruit to taste! For the berry sauce, feel free, to mix and try out different kinds of fruit for it. The following would be great with a strawberry sauce!
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Fiber One cereal, divided into 1/4 c. portions
- 1 (6 ounce) container nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup diced canned pineapple, drained and rinsed (or fresh)
- natural unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
Berry Sauce (use 1/4 cup)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen strawberries (or other berries)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- BERRY SAUCE:.
- Defrost frozen berries in microwave or refrigerator.
- Puree defrosted berries in a blender or food processor.
- Place cornstarch and pureed berries in pot on the stove. Heat on medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the stove; cover and refrigerate.
- The sauce is great also on ice cream, French toast, and waffles in place of maple syrup.
- Mix together yogurt and berry sauce.
- Assemble the fruit parfait in this order: peaches on the bottom, sliced banana, 1/4 cup Fiber One, yogurt and berry mixture, other 1/4 cup Fiber One, pineapple. Garnish with whipped cream and natural unsweetened cocoa powder, if desired.