Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A healthier way to get protein while watching your weight. This is an adaptation of a "Hungry Girl" recipe. Feel free to add your favorite veggies. Serve hot, cold or room temperature.
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 (14 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook broccoli to firm tender (I use a microwave steamer and cook for approximately 5 mins).
- Run broccoli under cold water and drain.
- Mix egg substitute, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, crab, cheese and broccoli.
- Pour into a deep casserole dish or souffle dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375.
- After 30 minutes, top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is browned.
- Cool and cut into wedges.