Recipe by Beachbunnymom
Yumy Bran Muffins that are low fat and healthy...what else can you ask for? Not too sweet.
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Raisin Bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter (Melted)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease mini muffin pans lightly.
- Mix skim milk, apple sauce, egg whites, splenda, brown sugar, raisin bran cereal, and wheat bran into a bowl. Let sit for 10 minute.
- In another bowl, whisk whole wheat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix flour mixture into the bran mixture. Mix in mashed banana.
- Scoop mixture into greased mini muffin pans (about 3/4 full).
- Bake 10-15 minute Do tooth pick test to see if done.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Brush butter mixture on warm muffins.