Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yumy Bran Muffins that are low fat and healthy...what else can you ask for? Not too sweet.
Make and share this Healthy and Low Fat Wheat Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Raisin Bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter (Melted)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease mini muffin pans lightly.
- Mix skim milk, apple sauce, egg whites, splenda, brown sugar, raisin bran cereal, and wheat bran into a bowl. Let sit for 10 minute.
- In another bowl, whisk whole wheat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix flour mixture into the bran mixture. Mix in mashed banana.
- Scoop mixture into greased mini muffin pans (about 3/4 full).
- Bake 10-15 minute Do tooth pick test to see if done.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Brush butter mixture on warm muffins.