Recipe by ranch-girl
My own Bisquick clone with healthy fat and less fat. Your arteries will thank you! :-)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Used this in one of my cobbler recipes that calls for bisquick! The whole thing was made as a gift for a neighbor, & I included both recipes & what was left of this mix! Worked just as well as the regular stuff, & definitely much less expensive! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup almond meal (or almond flour, the source of the healthy fat)
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Store in a sealed container and use in place of Bisquick.
- I have substituted this mix in several recipes that call for Bisquick with excellent results. For some recipes you may wish to add a little butter or extra virgin olive oil along with the "Bisquick" mix.