Recipe by Fuzzy's Finds
This is a healthier version of the no-bake cookies we all know and love. Lots of cocoa, more oatmeal (we use regular instead of the quick-cook kind for even more oaty texture), and less sugar and butter make us feel a little less guilty for indulging!
Top Review by Nado2003
No bake cookies were the first cookies I learned to make. But due to allergies I could no longer have peanut butter. I followed the recipe but substituted mashed sweet potato for the peanut butter due to allergies. I've also successfully substituted pureed black bean with equal success. Yummy. Thank you
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cocoa, milk and salt in saucepan; boil for one minute.
- Add peanut butter, butter, and vanilla to hot mixture; stir until combined.
- Stir in oats thoroughly and drop by spoonfuls (I use a small cookie scoop) onto waxed paper. Cool thoroughly before removing from paper.
- (Note: the new nasty-tasting flaxseed peanut butters taste just fine in this recipe; add that and increase the healthiness even more!).