Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Eat Better America website - can also use yukon gold potatoes
Make and share this Healthier Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 8 medium)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped, if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, place potatoes; add just enough water to cover. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- In same saucepan, mash potatoes, oil and salt with potato masher just until lumpy. Gradually add buttermilk, mashing until combined but still lumpy. (Amount of buttermilk needed to make potatoes creamy depends on variety of potatoes.) Season to taste with pepper. Stir in chives.
I peeled the spuds so that DH would eat them and then made as directed. They are very tasty and you don't regret taking a big spoonful. Made for PAC, Spring 09.