Recipe by zjraby
I'm always looking for ways to hide things in foods so that my son won't recognize them. This is one of my favorite ways to get lots of fiber in!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup rapadura
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed, ground
- 1⁄2 cup rye flakes
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon redmond's real salt
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups ghiradelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
- Cream softened butter. Add sugar in gradually and beat until creamy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and flax seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together rye flakes, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Grdually mix flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet (preferrably one made from stoneware). Bake about 10 minutes.