Recipe by smellyvegetarian
With all these healthy ingredients (tahini, sunflower butter, oatmeal) it is easy to feel good about baking these, and with their addictive yumminess it is even easier to eat the whole batch at once! Health nuts beware :). I have made these using peanut butter or almond butter and both are fine, but this version really topped us off!
Top Review by Katzen
Admittedly, I was skeptical when I decided to make these cookies... health nut cookies? What was I thinking? Holy yum! These were SO good - and even the parrots kept begging for more and fighting over their piece (and they have very discerning pallets!) Great recipe - I used "mystery butter" (almond/cashew butter) instead of the sesame butter, and peanut butter chips instead of the chocolate. Thanks for sharing!! Made for PAC Spring '09.
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄8 cup Smart Balance butter spread, softened
- 1⁄8 cup tahini
- 1⁄8 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat flour
- 5⁄8 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 cup miniature chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375^.
- In a medium bowl beat Smart Balance, tahini, and sunflower butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Add flours, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Drop by even tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 minutes or until golden and puffy. Betcha can't eat just one!