Recipe by iewe
I love pineapple and coconut, and love cake, so this is a natural combination for me :)
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (use half a 20 oz can if you cannot find the 10 oz cans)
- 0.5 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) can coconut
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- With mixer, beat all ingredients for 5 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick and cool.
- Heat pineapple and butter and boil for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Punch holes in cake with a knife. Pour hot icing over cake.