Prep 8 hrs
Cook 30 mins
What can I say-different and tasty!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices pineapple, fresh (1/2 inch slices)
- 6 cups baby mesclun
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup tamari
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- In-between wax paper lightly pound chicken until uniform in thickness.
- In a small saucepan mix together the tamari, unsweetened pineapple juice, sesame oil, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, grated ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a quick boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, or until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place chicken in a freezer bag and add marinade.
- Marinate at least 8 hours.
- Prep Grill.
- While grill is heating up whisk together in a medium bowl the wasabi paste, honey, mayo, sour cream, pineapple juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken and pineapple slices until done, about 30 minutes.
- Quickly heat the flour tortillas on the grill.
- To assemble:.
- Slice chicken and pineapple.
- Place a small bed of greens on each tortilla, followed by the chicken and pineapple. Drizzle the wasabi cream evenly over each and chow down!