Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I needed something quick to make but also something a little different. My husband and kids loved it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green peppers (or both) or 1⁄2 cup red pepper (or both)
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef, in a separate bowl combine frozen hash browns,soups and sour cream, mix thoroughly.
- spray a 9"x13" oblong casserole with cooking spray.
- place 1/2 hash brown mixture in bottom of dish.
- put the hamburg on top, put cheese on top of hamburg,.
- put rest of hash brown mixture on top of cheese, sprinkle the peppers, salt and pepper on top bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
We enjoyed this quite a bit, although I didn't find it to be filling enough for a main course. Maybe I will serve it (without the ground beef) as a side dish to a roast or something. I love potatoes and find them to be great comfort food, so i will certainly be making this again.