Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is my brother Harry's recipe tho I haven't tasted them (hint hint) I know if he says they are good they are. Recipe look quick & easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups granola cereal
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package milk chocolate chips
- Cream the butter, sugar& egg until light.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Drop by tablespoons on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350f for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
These were yummy, yummy cookies! I doubled the recipe for my Xmas trays and they went over in a big way (one person said they tasted like Chunky candy bars!?). I could only find granola cereal with raisins but I didn't think that was right, so I picked the raisins out! I needed 10 minutes and got just about 3 dozen out of each batch. My only suggestion would be to chop the cherries smaller or use more...some cookies ended up with 2 pieces and some with none and let me tell you, the cherries MAKE these cookies! Thanks for posting... tell Harry I said "thanks" too!