1/1 Photo of Harriet's Cookies (Brown Sugar Shortbread Bars With Chocolate)
My mother has been making these since I was a child. I had no idea how easy they were until I asked her for the recipe. She got the recipe back in the 1960's from her friend Harriet. Few ingredients and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and brown sugar.
- 2Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- 3Add the flour and salt.
- 4spread in an 9 X 13 baking dish. I like to put parchment in the bottom of the pan.
- 5Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
- 6Immediately after taking it out of the oven, put the chocolate bar on top to melt.
- 7Spread the chocolate all over the bar (you can add tidbits on top of the chocolate - toasted pecans and Heath Bar bits are both good).
- 8Cut diagonally.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harriet's Cookies (Brown Sugar Shortbread Bars With Chocolate)
Serving Size: 1 (974 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2400.9
- Calories from Fat 1198
- Total Fat 133.2 g
- Saturated Fat 82.8 g
- Cholesterol 356.4 mg
- Sodium 1529.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 279.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 173.2 g
- Protein 25.0 g