Brown Sugar Shortbread
photo by COOKGIRl
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a 9" baking pan (square or round).
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in pecans and flour.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and prick top with tines of a fork.
- Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned and puffy.
- Remove from the oven and carefully cut into wedges using a sharp knife BEFORE allowing it to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I must say that I enjoyed this much more than the more common shortbread recipes out there. Very quick and easy to make and absolutely heavenly with a slather of Recipe #428811. I lightly sprinkled the cooked shortbread with demerara sugar for that special sparkle. There weren't enough pecans for the recipe and I had to substitute about half hazelnuts. Good! Reviewed for ZWT 6.