Recipe by Julie in TX
These are good without the jalapenos, but if you're making them for Tex-Mex addicts like me, leave the peppers in! You can make them up ahead of time and bake about 10 minutes before your guests arrive.
- pastry dough (use your favorite)
- 36 slices cheddar cheese, 1 inch square
- 36 large pimento stuffed olives
- 36 slices jalapeno peppers (I use canned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured board to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares.
- You'll need 36 pastry squares.
- Place a square of cheese in the center of each pastry square.
- Placed sliced jalapeno pepper on top of the cheese and top with the olive.
- Bring two opposite corners of the pastry over the olive and pinch together.
- Repeat with the other corners.
- Place the pastry bundles on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.