1/8 Photos of Happy Family Sesame Chicken
From Leanne Ely's Saving Dinner, by way of a FlyLady post. Serve with rice and a vegetable to make a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine honey, sesame seeds, soy sauce and garlic. Set aside.
- 2In a seperate bowl, combine egg whites and cornstarch.
- 3Add chicken to egg mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine thoroughly.
- 4To Freeze: Put honey mixture in a quart sized freezer bag. Squeeze out air and seal.
- 5Put chicken mixture in a gallon sized freezer bag. Squeeze out air and seal.
- 6Place both bags in another gallon sized bag, and label for the freezer.
- 7Defrost for 24 hours before cooking.
- 8On Cooking Day:.
- 9Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- 10Add the chicken and cook until browned, turning as needed. (You may need to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your skillet.).
- 11Pour the honey mixture over the chicken, turning to coat all the pieces.
- 12Top with the sliced green onions and sesame seeds, and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Happy Family Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 671.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 28.9 g