Goo Goo Cluster, the candy bar, will celebrate their 100th Anniversary in October 2012! Adapted from a pie recipe by Tom Harte, published in the Southeast Missourian.com on August 6, 2012 -- Prep and cook (chill) times are my estimates!
- 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust (or a baked shell for fewer calories)
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 16 ounces low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel preferred)
- 16 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts (salted)
- 1 cup milk chocolate (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons milk chocolate (chopped ~ for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping (for a drizzled garnish)
- Spread 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping on bottom of a baked pie shell. Chill shell while mixing remaining ingredients.
- In bowl of electric mixer beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add marshmallow cream and blend on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- By hand fold in nuts, and 1 cup chopped chocolate.
- Spread mixture in pie shell on top of chilled caramel layer.
- Scatter remaining 2 tablespoons chopped chocolate over top of fluffy filling and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons of caramel topping.
- Chill for two hours or so ~ cut into 10-12 small slivers to serve!.