1/1 Photo of Hanoi Noodle Soup With Chicken, Baby Tatsoi, and Bok Choy
1 hr 5 mins
A recipe that came with my local CSA box, which came with lot of asian greens this week. This recipe was first published in Saveur in Issue #5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 whole chicken breasts, bone in
- 1 lb bok choy, chopped
- 1/4 lb vietnamese rice noodles, 1/2-inch-wide (bahn pho)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 4 ounces baby tatsoi
- vietnamese hot sauce (tuong ot toi)
- 1In a medium stockpot, bring chicken stock to a simmer over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, 1/4 cup each of the cilantro and mint leaves, and chicken. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- 2Remove chicken and allow to cool. Tear each breast into about 6 pieces, discard bones. Strain broth and return to pot over low heat. Add bok choy and simmer 5–10 minutes.
- 3Soak noodles in hot water until softened, 5–10 minutes. Cook noodles in boiling water until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse well with cold water.
- 4Divide noodles among six bowls. Add chicken pieces, scallions, remaining 1/4 cup each mint and cilantro, and tatsoi. Pour hot broth and bok choy over top. Serve with Tuong Ot Toi.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hanoi Noodle Soup With Chicken, Baby Tatsoi, and Bok Choy
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.7
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 604.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: