Recipe by ladyautumn
Just a quick, easy, delicious recipe that when you add on Triscuts-YUM!! Great for showers, potlucks, get togethers, while watching the game, or just for the family. I had this at a friend's shower years ago and had to have the recipe. I don't know where she got it from but I thought I would share it with you.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, hot
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) box crackers, Triscuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef and sausage together, drain.
- Add Velvetta cheese a few cubes at a time. Melt into mixture then add more cheese. Do this until all cheese has been melted into meat mixture.
- Add oregano and crushed red peppers. Mix together and cook about 30 minutes. Make sure to stir a few times while it is cooking.
- You can serve from the pot you cooked in or place in one of those dip crock pots. The crock pots you can keep the dip warm longer without worrying about burning.
- Place on a Triscut and you are done. You can use whatever cracker you want but the flavor of the Triscut with the dip is really a treat.