Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ok - go ahead and laugh! This comforting soup is well received in times of sadness or trouble. I keep the ingredients in the pantry for just those times, I kid you not!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 package Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta (Cheeseburger & Macaroni flavor)
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can Veg-All (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Brown ground beef and onion in Dutch oven until beef is no longer pink- drain.
- Stir in cheese sauce mix from Hamburger Helper package.
- Stir in water, basil, salt, pepper& tomatoes, and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, cover& simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni from the Hamburger Helper package, add Veg-All, cover& simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsely& serve.
Hamburger Helper Soup? How odd i thought.Had to use Mixed frozen Veggies in place of Veg-all.GR88888 recipe,thanks for posting.
I really liked this but the rest of the family thought it was OK. I used five cups of beef broth and no water. I didn't have veg-all but had a bag of steamfresh mixed veggies so I made them in the microwave and dumped them in. I also added about 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. I made grilled cheese sandwiches on the side. This made for a nice quick dinner on a rainy evening.
What a surprise. This was really really good!! I mean REALLY. The kids loved it, the boyfriend loved it.....what more could you ask for?