Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ok - go ahead and laugh! This comforting soup is well received in times of sadness or trouble. I keep the ingredients in the pantry for just those times, I kid you not!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 package Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta (Cheeseburger & Macaroni flavor)
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can Veg-All (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Brown ground beef and onion in Dutch oven until beef is no longer pink- drain.
- Stir in cheese sauce mix from Hamburger Helper package.
- Stir in water, basil, salt, pepper& tomatoes, and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, cover& simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni from the Hamburger Helper package, add Veg-All, cover& simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsely& serve.
Hamburger Helper Soup? How odd i thought.Had to use Mixed frozen Veggies in place of Veg-all.GR88888 recipe,thanks for posting.
This has been a favorite in our family for years. It is great to take camping...fix the meat and onions ahead and freeze...measure out the spices into a baggie...once at camp, I just dump all the ingredients except pasta in, let it cook on the fire and smell great an hour or so. Add the pasta then continue cooking til done. It doesn't taste as good the camp/dump way at home. But either way is great in the proper environment. :-)
I really liked this but the rest of the family thought it was OK. I used five cups of beef broth and no water. I didn't have veg-all but had a bag of steamfresh mixed veggies so I made them in the microwave and dumped them in. I also added about 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. I made grilled cheese sandwiches on the side. This made for a nice quick dinner on a rainy evening.