Recipe by KeyWee
Ok - go ahead and laugh! This comforting soup is well received in times of sadness or trouble. I keep the ingredients in the pantry for just those times, I kid you not!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 package Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta (Cheeseburger & Macaroni flavor)
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can Veg-All (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion in Dutch oven until beef is no longer pink- drain.
- Stir in cheese sauce mix from Hamburger Helper package.
- Stir in water, basil, salt, pepper& tomatoes, and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, cover& simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni from the Hamburger Helper package, add Veg-All, cover& simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsely& serve.