Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup always makes me think of summers on the farm. Nothing like fresh green beans and potatoes. Mmmm. You could also use frozen green beans, but add them when the potatoes are about 5 minutes from done, apx 10 minutes into boiling.
- 3⁄4 lb ham, precooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb green beans, end snipped off and cut in half
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into medium-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- Once all the ingredients are prepped, put them in a large saucepan.
- Fill pan with water until it just covers the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Boil until the potatoes and green beans are cooked. 15-20 minutes.
- Add salt to taste (usually a generous amount).