- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into fries (1/4-1/2-inch thick)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for brushing)
- 8 slices country bread, each 1/2-inch thick
- 8 ham slices (thinly sliced)
- 1 pear, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat panini press. Preheat oven to 500°F.
- On non-stick baking sheet, stir together potatoes, salt, pepper and oil. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with oil. Lay slices, oiled side down, on clean work surface. Place ham, pear and cheese on 4 slices. Top with remaining pieces of bread, oiled side up.
- Cook in panini maker for 3-5 minutes, ensuring that cheese is melted.
- Serve with fries.