This comes from Nigella Lawson's book Nigella Bites and was posted in response to a request on the noticeboard. I've never made it, but her recipes rarely fail!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the glaze
- 1Put ham in a pan, add onion and pour over the Coke.
- 2Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, put the lid on and cook for around 2 1/2 hours or around one hour per kilo of meat.
- 3Preheat oven to 240 C degrees.
- 4When ham is cooked, take it out of pan and let cool.
- 5Remove skin, leaving a thin layer of fat.
- 6Use a sharp knife to make large diamond shapes in the fat.
- 7Put a clove in each diamond and spread treacle over skin.
- 8Pat mustard and sugar onto the sticky fat.
- 9Bake in a foil-lined pan for around 10 minutes, or until crispy and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham in Coca Cola
Serving Size: 1 (1060 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 984.1
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 260.0 mg
- Sodium 7607.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 54.4 g
- Protein 112.6 g