Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious main dish salad. We use the fat-free ham and yogurt since we are watching our weight but I'm sure you could use regular ham & yogurt with the same taste. The fruit makes the salad really juicy so you don't really need the dressing unless you are trying to get that extra calcium into your diet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free cooked ham, cubed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 8 ounces non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Combine the ham, pineapple and oranges in a bowl.
- Divide the lettuce onto 4 serving plates.
- Top the lettuce with the ham& fruit mixture in 4 equal servings.
- For dressing: Stir together yogurt and orange juice.
- Serve on the side.
A wonderfully tasty dish that is really easy to make. I used bacon instead of ham (cos that is what I had) and it worked fine. The dressing has a different flavour. Creamy & tangy at the same time. Nice! Well worth making again. Goes great with fish!