Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had left over ham and hard cooked eggs from Easter and came up with this to have for breakfast, lunch or anytime. And since we are trying to reduce our fat intake, this worked very well. I used low-fat cheese and only one of the egg yolks. Any salsa would work. I used a black bean and white corn one.
- 4 -6 ounces lean cooked ham (Diced)
- 4 hardboiled egg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat cheese
- 1 cup salsa (What ever you like)
- Dice one whole egg and just the whites of the other three.(If you want low fat).
- Add the diced ham and the shredded cheese, mix in the salsa. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff a pita or make it into a wrap with a tortilla.
Excellent and easy breakfast. Made it with a medium jar salsa and used pita bread. Next time and there will definitely be a next time, I will try the tortilla. Thanks for a great new and easy recipe. Made for PAC 10.
I make this for my husband's lunch. He raves everytime! A great alternative to plain old lunchmeat sammies!
I guess I did not like the flavors with the salsa I used. Maade it again with a different salsa. Much better!