Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in a wine-tasting publication a few years ago at a winery. It tastes really good!
- 3 ham steaks, 3/4-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup chablis
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mushroom, drained
- 1 cup saint-paulin cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Saute ham steaks in 1/4 c butter until lightly browned.
- Keep warm.
- In a saucepan, melt the other 1/4 c butter.
- Add mushrooms.
- Stir in flour, chablis and brandy over a simmer, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks, cream and cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add to brandy mixture.
- Place ham steaks on platter and spoon the sauce evenly over them.
- Serve garnished with peas.