Recipe by Mary Jenny
Sure to please a crowd, this ham dish made with natural ingredients will become a staple to serve every holiday.
- 1 lb asparagus (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 12 slices egg bread
- 2 cups smoked ham, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (Schneiders Country Naturals smoked ham)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling salted water until tender crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Place 6 slices of bread on the bottom of a greased 9x13–inch (3.5 L) baking dish, cutting the bread if necessary to fit the dish.
- Sprinkle half of ham, asparagus, chives, rosemary and cheeses over bread. Repeat with second layer ending with cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk, mustard and pepper in a large bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350ËšF (180ËšC).
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for approximately 60 minutes or until egg mixture is set in centre. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.