Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Ham-Apple-Cheddar Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 large red apple, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I like sharp)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Press thawed potatoes between paper towels to remove moisture; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook apple and sage in hot melted butter until tender; remove pan from heat.
- Combine apple mixture, potatoes, and ham in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, cheese, and salt together; pour egg mixture over potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° (preheated) for 35-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
I made this using a box of hash browns, soaked in hot water til almost soft then drained well.Very, very nice. I may add 1 teas ground ginger next time to punch up flavors. Would be Great for company brunch.