- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dark rye flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red peppers
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in shortening with 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cheese, ham, parsley and red pepper.
- Gradually add just enough milk to make dough hold together.
- Knead 5-6 times on a lightly floured surface.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Bake in a 375°F oven on a lightly greased baking sheet until golden.