Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nice make-ahead dish for a weekend brunch. Use a different cheese if you prefer. Recipe only called for a "sharp" cheese, but it came up on here as "sharp cheddar."
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put 8 slices buttered bread on bottom of well-greased 13x9" baking dish.
- Top each slice with cheese and ham.
- Put other 8 slices on top--buttered side up.
- Mix eggs, milk, and mustard. Pour over all.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, place mushrooms on top, then sprinkle mixture of crushed cornflakes and melted butter on top of all.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.