Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple dish to make for brunch, lunch or dinner. This is always welcomed.
- 50 ml butter or 50 ml margarine
- 50 ml flour
- 3 ml mustard
- 1 ml pepper
- 400 ml milk
- 250 ml grated old cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 500 g asparagus (about 16 spears)
- 8 slices cooked deli ham (about 280 g)
- 500 ml cooked spinach noodles (100 g uncooked)
- Melt butter or margarine.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer until smooth and thickened.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water until tender-crisp (about 1 min).
- Roll two asparagus spears in each ham slice.
- Place noodles, then ham rolls, in baking dish; cover with sauce.
- Garnish with red pepper slices, if desired. Bake, uncovered, 20 min at 180°C
- Makes 4 servings (2 rolls each).
I didn't read the ingredients closely enough, and I didn't have deli sliced ham. I did have diced ham, so I cut the asparagus into 1 inch pieces and then cooked it just as directed. I'm sure the original version would have looked better, but this was delicious! And having everything cut up made it easy to eat. I am going to do this with broccoli next time so I can get some picky eaters to try it! Thanks for posting! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.