Recipe by LMillerRN
These chewy, chocolate-filled, chocolate and candy corn topped bars also have nuts in them.
Top Review by senseicheryl
I saw this recipe this morning on the www.verybestbaking.com website and WOW do they look yummy! If you get a chance, you should check out the picture on the website. Thanks for posting and saving me the time.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- halloween candy corn
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg; gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups morsels and nuts.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 20 to 23 minutes.
- Remove pan to wire rack.
- Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly.
- Top with candy corn.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars.