Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick noodle dish from Hong Kong. You can use just about any vegetable in this noodle dish as long as they are not fully cooked though and still crunchy when served.
- 2 cups cooked noodles, cooled (rice noodles, cellophane noodles or even spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded thinly
- 2 green onions, julienned chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 stick celery, chopped thinly
- 3 eggs, beaten (whole eggs or 1 whole egg and 2 whites)
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, julienned chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, crushed (optional)
- When you make the noodles, after draining them but before you refrigerate them, coat with 1 tbsp of sesame oil and mix thoroughly so each strand is coated with oil.
- When ready to cook, heat sesame oil in a heavy bottom wide pan on high heat. Add garlic, crushed red chilies flakes and sauté them for a minute Add green onions and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add celery, bell pepper, carrots and sauté them for 2 mins on high heat. The vegetables will be partially cooked so they will still be crunchy when served. Add cabbage and sauté it for a minute.
- Add beaten eggs on the veggies and sauté them till eggs are scrambled and nicely cooked.
- Add black pepper and mix for a few seconds.
- Add soysauce and let the veggies cook for a minute.
- Add noodles and mix well with all the veggies and soy sauce. (Take 2 large forks and toss the noodles from the bottom so as to have a nice soy sauce coat on all the noodles).
- Taste the noodles and check the seasoning accordingly (If more salt is needed, add more soy sauce and toss again with forks).
- Serve it into a plate with some sesame seeds, finely cut green onions and crushed peanuts.