Recipe by Gwen Sargeant
My mom made this for the family growing up. I never liked it until I was married and I tweaked it a bit. I hope you enjoy it as well.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 3 slices bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Don’t be afraid to get your hands into it and mix together. Once you have mixed it together, put it into a ball and roll it tight. What I do, I toss it between my hands and this packs the meat together tightly, otherwise if you don’t do this, you have a chance of the meat loaf falling apart while cooking.
- Once you have done this, place into a baking dish and shape it into a sort of flat ball, to about 2-3 inches thick. Squirt some ketchup on the top and coat the top and sides. Place into a heated oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. When done, put on plate and let sit for 10 minutes before you slice it.
- This meat loaf is good cold.
- As you make this, you can add your own ingredients. My mom sometimes put barbeque sauce in it to make it a bit more spicy. Or you may want to cut back on the bread crumbs and add only one egg. It is up to you. But I make mine the above way.