Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Egg whites with little fat from the cheese.
- 4 large egg whites, whisked
- 1⁄4 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely diced
- salt and pepper
- In an microwave dish place eggs cook for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir in the cheese, pepper and a tiny pinch of salt cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove to plate and top with crisp red peppers.
I really enjoyed this for breakfast and used WW Mexican blend cheese --- so I figure this is only about a 1 pt breakfast! Will be having this often! Thanks for sharing!
Tried this because I never seemed to know what to eat at home and this has been a real treat. Wonderful tasting and quick to make. Thanks for posting.
Great recipe! I had to use part-skim mozzarella in place of the cheddar, but it turned out tasting great. Thanks for posting, Rita! I'll be trying this one again.